Established for over twenty years, the Billingshurst & District Lions Bookshop, offers much more than books and jigsaws. Most importantly, it’s a way of meeting and greeting our loyal supporters. Without them, we could not raise the funds needed to support so many areas of our local community. Nor would we be able to make worthwhile contributions to war-torn Ukraine and the devastating earthquake disasters around the world.
Books and jigsaws are the main priority, with paperbacks still at £1.00 and hardbacks at £2.00. (Selected hardbacks on special subjects have slightly higher prices, but still offer excellent value.) Books for young children are five for £1.00, whilst thicker story books are 50p each. Jigsaws at £1.50, can provide hours of entertainment for a modest sum. You can collect a free bookmark as a reminder of the vast range of subjects on offer.
Our window display often features books on a current event or occasion. And you can now also find many books in alphabetical order.
More reasons to vist:
- Collect a free ‘Message in a Bottle’ canister. Keeping medical information for emergency services can save time and lives if treatment can be administered promptly.
- A folded credit card sized ‘Message in a Wallet (or purse)’. Similar information can be recorded for emergencies outside the home.
- Donate unwanted spectacles. Your unused glassed are processed by Chichester Lions who refurbish and distribute them through specialist organisations across the world.
- Bookshop Gift Vouchers for young and old – family or friend. Fill in the amount for a birthday or occasion; give one to your children for a special achievement.
- ‘Feed The Lions’ Collection Jars. Donating your surplus loose change has raised £1500.00 so far, for which the Club is sincerely grateful. Collect a free jar from the Bookshop.
- Community Notice Board – Village notices and photographs covering the many and varied ways Lions provide practical and financial help to the local community.
Call in and collect a leaflet or speak to a Lion on duty. We’d love to learn how you could bring your ideas, skills and experiences to the club. Your help is appreciated, whether as a volunteer or by becoming a member.